Monday, October 24, 2011

Refrigerator Pickles

Archived from August 18th, 2011 from the old "Out of the Fryin' Pan and into the Fire"

One of my favorite foods that I always find myself buying are pickles. Dill, sweet, whatever the flavor, but my favorite is Bread & Butter! I probably could snack and chow down on an entire jar in one sitting if I had no self control. Recently, one of my colleagues from school brought in a bunch of cucumbers from his garden. I took so many home that I found myself not knowing what to do with them, so the next day, I was chatting with another colleague from work, and she suggested a refrigerator pickle recipe. So this past weekend, I made a batch, and they were delicious! Here's the recipe, courtesy of Yolanda. :)




Refrigerator Pickles

7 cups sliced cucumbers
1 sliced onion
1 1/2 cups vinegar
1 Tbsp. salt (I use sea salt)
1 tsp. celery seed
2 cups sugar (I used 1 1/2 cups)

1. Combine ingredients.
2. Store in ice cream bucket/large container or in canning jars.
3. Leave for at least 3 hours or overnight.

And there you have pickles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment