The recipe I use for my pizza dough can be found on the following website; I love this dough recipe as it is a healthier version and is quite tasty as well.
Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough
I will go ahead and post the actual recipe and preparation of the dough below for convenience:
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 wheat germ
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. honey or agave syrup
1 tbsp. corn meal
Preparation of Dough:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy for about 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
4. Roll dough on a floured pizza pan or stone and poke a few holes in it with a fork. Sprinkle corn meal on pan and lay rolled out dough onto cooking pan/stone.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until desired crispiness. Now I don't usually cook it until I have all the ingredients on my pizza.
Here are the ingredients we used to create our masterpiece.
Pizza Assembling and Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb. Graziano sausage, cooked
- 1 cup diced colored peppers (variety of colors-I prefer this to give the pizza some character) :)
- 1/2-1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion, diced (preferably red onion, but white or yellow is fine as well)
- 1/2-1 can black olives (sliced)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce/pizza sauce
- Oregano/Italian Seasoning
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
2. Saute onion and peppers until slightly crisp.
3. Then saute mushrooms separately (but don't overdo it.)
3. Spread pizza sauce and spices onto sauce.
3. Evenly spread cooked meat, veggies, and black olives.
4. Top pizza with mozzarella cheese.
5. Follow directions for baking pizza in the crust directions above.
6. Slice and enjoy! :)